My name is Fiona Clem and I am the ANC 1C08 Commissioner. I look forward to continuing my work in the Reed-Cooke Neighborhood and larger Adams Morgan community, listening to and collaborating with neighbors to improve every residents’ quality of life. My neighborhood plan is focused on:
- Working collaboratively to improve bicycle and pedestrian safety
- Improving mobility and accessibility options for neighbors and visitors
- Supporting small-business sustainability, survival, and revitalization
- Community engagement, and
- Enhancing neighborhood beautification
What’s an ANC
An ANC (Advisory Neighborhood Commission) is a non-partisan, neighborhood body made up of locally elected representatives called Commissioners. The elected Commissioners serve two-year terms without pay.
There are 40 ANCs in the District, and these are further divided into Single-Member Districts (SMDs). Each single-member district elects a Commissioner to serve for two years. The Commissioners in each ANC meet monthly to discuss and vote on neighborhood and constituent matters. The ANCs may initiate recommendations for improving city services, conduct neighborhood improvement programs, and monitor resident complaints.
ANC 1C is the Advisory Neighborhood Commission for Adams Morgan, and consists of eight Commissioners who live in the community.